User Experience Designer | Sep 2013 - Present
Designer of Visual Voice Mail app and Emergency Alerts app present on all Samsung Verizon phones.
- Understood client requirements based on technical documents.
- Created information architecture of the application.
- Conveyed designs through wireframes created in Microsoft Visio.
- Performed multiple iterations of the design based on client feedback.
- Provided application developers a UI guideline for developing the application.
- Working on changing interactions based on OS interaction changes and current UX trends.
UX lead for multiple Samsung devices. Presently working on Samsung's next flagship devices.
- Understand UX deltas in the device and communicate them to the mobile carrier.
- Thoroughly review the device and provide expert opinion on UX changes.
- Conduct small group usability studies and prepare analysis report.
- Act as the liaison between Product Management, Marketing, Research, and Development teams as well as with mobile carrier clients.
User Experience Lead - MHCI Capstone Project | Jan 2013 - Aug 2013
Improving sales force experience and enhancing customer relationships through a solution that is based on transparency and simplicity.
- Responsible for determining user research methodology and conducting user testing.
- Designed final research report and client posters.
- Successfully delivered research findings and design idea visions.
- Working on delivering a working prototype of redesigned sales tools.
Project Lead - MHCI Small Group Study | Jan 2013 - May 2013
Understand what is important to people who enjoy public recreational lands and create a unified solution that provides a positive and engaging experience.
- Worked with startup founders to define project scope and deliverables.
- Conducted research in local parks and indoor rock climbing location.
- Delivered high fidelity mockups of web interface and design specification.
System Software Engineer | Aug 2010 - March 2012
- Improved NVIDIA’s video drivers by resolving multiple issues.
- Implemented Microsoft’s DXVA specifications of Multi-view Video Coding for 3D Vision.
- Achievement: Resolved maximum number of issues in 2 quarters.
Engineering Intern | June 2009 - May 2010
Developed a ‘Virtual Mirror‘ application that detects a person and allows the person to select an apparel. Implemented intelligent mapping of apparel on the detected person. Achievement: Winner at Techkriti 2010, Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Kanpur’s national level technical and entrepreneurship festival.
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Master of Human-Computer Interaction
Graduated August 2013
University of Pune, India
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Graduated June 2010